Last November I whipped out the bullet points on Wednesdays. Guess I’ll try that again this year, as it seems I’m already out of blogging ideas.
- On Sunday morning I took our 10-year-old smoking toaster and accompanying burnt toast and threw them out the back door. That was the 2nd time in two weeks I almost burnt the house down not noticing that the toaster failed to pop the toast up. I don’t recommend charring your toast…it takes DAYS for the smell to leave the house.
- On Sunday afternoon I went to Target and bought a new toaster.
- I’ve been raiding Ryan’s Halloween candy. I feel like a closeted candy eater. I’ll snatch a piece and then try to hide in the kitchen while I scarf it down so that he doesn’t notice. Because if I’M eating a piece then HE must eat a piece.
- My favorite Halloween candy = Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Yesterday I spent what I consider to be a large sum of money on a non-essential item for my kid. This item was going to be his Christmas present. But then I bought it yesterday, and let him start using it immediately.
- Now I don’t know what to get him for Christmas.
- The last book I read was “The Help.” (I also made an accompanying caramel cake in honor of the book.) Currently I’m reading “The Kitchen Boy“, but I can’t get into it. I’ve been patiently, patiently waiting to read the last in the Stieg Larsson series, “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest.”
- I also really want to see the Swedish movie versions of the Stieg Larsson series.
- We have a Netflix movie sitting in our drawer- “The Hurt Locker.” It’s been in there since before Sam was born. We haven’t watched it.
- Two months ago, I read the wrong book for book club. The book selection was this; I read this. Same author, very similar-sounding titles. It was an honest mistake! (I blame mommy-brain.)
Happy first Wednesday of November!