2. Even though we have snow on the ground now, I’ve managed to get us all out of the house the past few days for bike rides. (Well he rides, I walk). I’m determined to keep taking walks/rides until the sidewalks are impassable with the bike/stroller, or the temps get unbearable, whichever comes first.
3. Ryan was begging me on Sunday to go sledding after the snowfall. I said no because I didn’t want to walk all the way back home to get our sled, AND because I did not want to sled down a bumpy hill in a plastic sled and injure my tailbone.
4. Today Ryan got to try his hand at sledding with a few neighbor kids. He was snowpants-less and boot-less because this was an unexpected activity during our walk, but he had a blast all the same. And my tailbone was saved from injury.
5. Made chocolate chip cookies today. Licked the beaters. Ate the dough. Devoured probably six cookies. If it’s a broken cookie, it doesn’t count as ‘a cookie.’
6. I should probably be kicked out of my book club. I made it maybe 50 pages into this month’s read, and then gave up the other night when I was able to snag a copy of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest from my father-in-law. (And now, when I could be reading, instead I’m stuck on this computer blogging because of my November promise!)
7. Sit down for this one: FatJ and I are going to a concert tomorrow night. At First Ave. A rock concert. HAHAHAHA, I know. We’re going to see a band called Cloud Cult. I know nothing about their music, except that they like to sing about traveling safely. Apparently FatJ is a big fan of theirs. And wanted to bring ME to the concert. Can’t wait to report back on this one.
8. The last concert I went to was Pearl Jam at the Target Center in 2001 or so.
9. I once body surfed during the Violent Femmes concert at Pinestock my freshman year in college. That ruled.