I feel a need to blog something. Mish-mosh post, incoming.
- I’m really tired of the way this blog looks. I’m also kind of tired of blogging. Well, it’s not that I don’t want to blog, it’s more that I *want* to, but the time isn’t there or whatever and it doesn’t happen. And then I get annoyed that it didn’t happen. So, I have pondered my online presence coming to an end, but then I’ll randomly start reading old posts, and it’s hard to imagine not having the documentation during this time in my life. Posts like this one is going out to the boys, vacation post the first, or adjusting to the new normal.
- Speaking of adjusting to the new normal, I just spent 24 hours with only one of my kids at home (Sam). And I was about to be like “whoa, one kid is just SO EASY!”, and in many ways one kid is so so easy compared to two, BUT what did I notice in this 24 hours with just one kid? I’ve noticed that these two boys, they entertain each other! They distract each other! They play with one another! Sam typically isn’t up in my business too much, but when Ryan was gone Sam was on me like white on rice.
- Probably the best part of the past 24 hours with just one kid was the 3-hour road trip where that one kid slept almost the whole time. Heaven!
- I’m starting to think that the universe does not want me to have a portrait of our family. We’ve had family photos scheduled twice this summer, and both times they had to be canceled due to bad weather. The third rescheduling is supposed to happen Aug 27th. Keep your fingers crossed!
- I’ve been on a bit of a blogger memoir reading kick the past couple weeks. I’ve read Two Kisses for Maddy (liked it. Sad, sad story, yet inspiring and uplifting at the same time) and Rockabye (liked it. love her writing style). I also started It Sucked and then I Cried, but that one wasn’t jiving with me, and I’m due to have A Prayer for Owen Meany read by next Thursday and haven’t started it, so I returned the dooce memoir to the library.
- It’s taken me over an hour to write this post because I’ve wasted so much time reading the archives of my own blog! See, time suck! Nothing gets done!
- I leave you with three funny pictures. Which of these three pictures do you think is funniest?